Sunday, December 7, 2008

First Week of December

I cannot believe the first week of December has already gone by. I can't get over how the season is changing and that is already time to decorate for Christmas! Next week Georgia will be three months old!!!
I have been working on decorating the house. I have pretty much finished up with everything. I've been trying to get most of it done since we will have company coming in next weekend for Georgia's Christening. I feel like it took me forever because once I was getting started I would have to stop (courtesy of Miss Georgia). My tree is a little different this year because I did it in red and gold. Still has some work to go, but it's getting there.

Jared, Antonio and I put up Christmas lights on the house yesterday. That was quite a project and I love how Jacob suggested we do it yesterday since he was conveniently out of town (ha!). It took us a while because even though we checked some of the lights they decided not to work when we got them up! Ugh! They turned out good though and we intend to decorate the entrance and Jacob's parents house before they get back from their Vegas trip on Tuesday evening. Hopefully it will be a nice surprise for them when they return home!

Some new things about Georgia.... she loves her pacifier! If she doesn't have it, she chooses to use her entire hand or thumb. So when I figure out she's doing this I put the pacifier because I'd rather her be addicted to the pacifier than the hand. Much easier habit to break since you can take the pacifer away but not the hand! Ha!

For a while I thought she didn't like her Boppy Lounger pillow anymore. However one day when she was irritable I got it back out and boy did she get happy! It's funny because it props her up and she can kick and swing her arms. She loves it and smiles constantly now when she gets to be on it. In fact, when I try to take pictures of her now it is hard to get her to sit still!

Another funny thing about Georgia is that during the night she has to be swaddled in order to sleep well. She can sleep from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. as long as she is swaddled. (We've attempted to get her to sleep unswaddled and she wakes up during the night - I guess she moves her arms and wakes herself up!) The funniest thing is that when she does wake up in the morning she is so happy when I undo the velcro tabs. She stretches her arms and just grins. It is too funny.



2 comments:

J. Page said...

Thanks for my Georgia fix...She is really changing. I can't wait to see ya'll next weekend. The tree is beautiful- good job! Love ya!

Jessica Detten said...

Georgia is soooo cute! Maybe she can teach this next baby her sleeping secrets as my other three did not sleep like that until at least 18 months!