Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Busy Bees

You can just call us the busy bees. Things are so crazy here right now. We held our first two day camps this past Friday and Monday. Had 18 kids Friday and 19 on Monday. How exhausting! The highlight of the weekend was having two of my neices, Emily June & Laurel to stay with me Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights. They came to the Monday camp and it was so great to have them stay with us! Not to mention how much help they were with Georgia and everything else. Georgia had a blast with them and loved all the attention.

Georgia had her 9 mo. doctor appt. on Tuesday. It went great - she weighed in a 22 lbs. 8 oz. and measured 29.25 inches long. She only had to get one shot and only cried a few seconds... not as bad as usual.
We are gearing up for the last two camps which are Friday and Saturday. They have been a great experience for not only the kids participating, but also for us! It is great to work with the youth and feel like we are truly making an impact on them. It is ALOT of work though - not sure I knew what I was getting myself into.
I hope to have some camp pictures up sometime soon. My friend, Aron, sent me a few more pictures from Georgia's swimming experience... here they are:



No comments: