Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Month of May! (Post #1)

Wow, I feel bad. I'm LONG OVERDUE for many many posts from May. I honestly don't know what happened to the month of May. Between the cattle, getting the house cleaned up for AKS meeting, spending a few days at my parents, going to a wedding, Jacob's 30th birthday, and other random stuff... I haven't had a chance to take some time to post the many pictures I've taken this month! My apologies and I fully intend to not take so long between now and my next post! So here's what we've been busy with this month...
First we went over to some friends in town for a party for Jacob's old high school buddy, Anthony Schneider. He recently got married and he and his wife, Gabbie, were in visiting from Florida. They fried fish and we had a good time visiting with everyone and catching up. Georgia got to play with her friend, Mattie, who is three days younger than Georgia. They played together and Georgia watched as Mattie crawled and pulled up all over the place. Georgia SAT and watched with no crawling action on her behalf. However I do believe she took notes because you'll read later that she wants to crawl so bad now! Here's a few pics from the evening.

A few days later, Gary, Beverly, and Chadley Box came up from Carrizo Springs along with several others to look at calves. They brought along several goodies from Dana "Gemma" (as usual - she is always buying for Miss Georgia!). Among many other things, including a Jon Hart pink backpack that matches her tote, they brought Buttercup the Cow. It is adorable and rocks and plays several songs, including the ABC's, sings 1-2-3's, etc. It is so cute! Here's a few pics when Georgia saw it for the first time.




I worked for some time on cleaning up the house, especially my patio outside. Sometimes it helps to have a function at the house in order to get projects done that you've been putting off. As a mother's day gift to myself (saved Jacob a stressful shopping trip - ha!) I finally got to get some outdoor patio furniture. Only six years overdue. We are really enjoying it and love to sit outside. Georgia loves it too, as well as the cat, which has found his perch on the loveseat. Dang cat hair!!! Oh well, I'm glad the cat is happy too. One thing I am quite proud of is the plants... mostly the lillies I planted two years ago that Dana had sent as a gift when I became Catholic. Can you believe these have come back twice and this year they bloomed beautifully! I'm so proud. Wish they'd bloom all summer, but I did enjoy it while it lasted.



I hosted the AKS Sorority for the May meeting. This was our last meeting for the year until September where we will start the new year. I will be serving as Vice President starting then... I'm not sure that I know what I've gotten myself into...
Here is Georgia just before everyone got there. Sandy kindly watched her while we had our meeting.

1 comment:

J. Page said...

WOW! It looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in real life...Looks like a great place to sit and drink coffee in the morning.