Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weekend Trip

Georgia and I traveled out to my parents for two nights to visit prior to my Dad's surgery. It was fun to get to hang out with them! Johnna and Sutton came to spend Sunday night and Grandma & Papaw came out on Sunday to visit as well.

The first night we were there Georgia got to receive her Christmas present early. I was anxious and couldn't wait to see it... this chair and ottoman was actually mine when I was little. Mom & Dad had it recovered for Georgia for her Christmas gift. It turned out awesome!
On Sunday morning Mom and Dad were leaving for Sunday School and I was just planning to go later for the church service. I had already dressed Georgia first so they got the idea that she could go to Sunday School with them (I laughed and wondered how long it would last). So I gave in and off they went. Well, I did get ready and arrived to church 15 minutes early, only to find Georgia and my mom in Sunday School with the younger children. Apparently Georgia had gotten a bit loud during the class so she & Mom set out to find a place for Georgia. And when I did find them, Georgia was playing and having a good time - she even got to color with teacher Tami Wendeborn! It was too cute and amazing to think that at one time when I was little I had Sunday School Class, VBS, etc. in the same room. Wow - am I getting old or what!

MorMor, Georgia & Pop
Grandma, Papaw & Georgia


Me, Georgia & Grandma

Uncle Sutton & Johnna - what a pair! Boy, if only Sutton knew what he was in for!

I decided to bring along Georgia's Halloween costume. A butterfly (special thanks to my sister Jessica!) with wings and even little antlers. This is not Georgia's favorite outfit whatsoever. She typically throws a fit when I put her in it. It is pretty entertaining to see how she will react every time I put it on her. This time it was more tears than anything, but it was amusing no doubt.




2 comments:

The Drews' Crew said...

My kids are the same way they hate their costumes when it comes time to actually have to wear them. It really amuses me they want them and want to dress up but come Halloween I be darn if they throw the biggest fit about finally getting to put them on. UGGGGGGG!!!!1 Cute kitchen, I have been eyeing that one for years for the girls. She has gotten so big I just wish we all were not soooo crazy busy and could see each other every now and again, the girls would have a blast.

Kacee said...

It looks like you all had a great visit. I LOVE the chair...how special! Miss Georgia is precious as always and the butterfly costume is ADORABLE.