Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas with Jacob's Family

We spent Christmas Day evening with Jacob's parents, grandparents, and Aunts, Uncles and cousins. This year, instead of doing the traditional Christmas meal of turkey and ham with all the trimmings, we decided to have Fajitas. Jared offered to cook the fajita meat and everyone else helped with the sides and desserts. Afterwards we opened gifts and let Georgia and her cousin Sam provide us with the entertainment for the evening.

Jared is a big help in the kitchen and enjoys to cook. Jacob, on the other hand, not so much. They happened to both be in the kitchen at the same time (shocker) so I had to get this picture for proof! No really, Jacob can help too but doesn't really enjoy being in the kitchen as much as the rest of us.
Jo brought her Christmas dishes (so pretty) and the tables were all set so nice!

Georgia loved this toy telephone of Sam's.
I always enjoy watching Jack and Jo open up gifts. This year Jared gave Jack a hat that says something about to remember to give him his Senior Discount (too funny!) and everyone went in together to get Jo some Fiesta dishes which she is just starting to collect. Like she needs more dishes, right? I guess I married into the right family on this because me and most of my sisters enjoy dishes just as much as Jo!
When we arrived that afternoon, we had forgot that we were going to do cream cheese with pepper jelly and crackers. I offered to go pick it up at my house but Aunt Dru insisted we really really didn't need it. Then there was another thing I needed to go get but she acted really funny and insisted that I DID NOT need to go to get it. I couldn't figure out what was going on but I just said ok and went with it. Little did I know that the reason I couldn't leave is because my Christmas present from her was in the garage! HA HA! She took me out there when we were opening gifts and had it all lit up. I have wanted one of these for years and have never gotten one so I was sooooo excited! The funny part is that it was a major pain for them to travel with it and I think Uncle Mark was ready to chunk it on the side of the road on the way here. I Love it and I'm so excited!


We gave Sam this adorable Cow backpack. He loved it and as soon as he got it he put it on and wouldn't take it off for quite some time. It was hilarious.


Uncle Jared gave Georgia this puppy finger puppet book. They bark at her with it and she doesn't know what to think!


Here's one of Georgia's infamous faces. She is just little Miss Personality!


Do you know how hard it is to get a 15 mo. and 16 mo. old child to pose at the Christmas tree? IMPOSSIBLE! So this is as good as it gets....



2 comments:

Jessica Detten said...

That look on Georgia's face reminds me of you when you were her age. You used to do this funny thing with your upper lip. It was hilarious!

Kacee said...

Georgia's facial expression are hilarious. How CUTE!!!

P.S. I have been wanting one of those chiminaya (I have no clue on spelling) forever. I am so jealous. :)