Saturday, November 1, 2008

Road Trip

Last weekend Georgia and I went on her first real road trip. Jacob's mom, Sandy, drove Georgia and I to Hico where we met my mom. This way it would be easier on us since I didn't feel quite ready to make the four hour drive on my own. It worked out great and Georgia traveled excellent! I was so proud of her.

We spent the weekend introducing Georgia to her great-grandparents. They all adored her and I was glad they could see her while she was still pretty small. Grandma and Papaw got to see her every day we were there and they were so good with her. Georgia would just look at them and really enjoyed them holding her. Maynard kept laughing at her hair and saying she was shorter than he expected even though we kept reminding him that she was only six weeks old! It was so funny to see him with her.
My parents (MorMor & Pop) couldn't get over how much Georgia had changed since they had last seen her. I was so glad to be able to make the trip out there. It means alot to me to have Georgia grandparents an important part of her life. Growing up, we were able to see all of our grandparents often and Jacob and I want the same for Georgia. We know she will love them all so much!!

Here's MorMor with Georgia and another one of Pop & MorMor after church Sunday. Georgia was hungry when we got home that day so she wasn't cooperating too much and was letting us know what she thought!



No comments: